Sharing ideas is an important pillar of our Community--not just for providing feedback for product development, but also for bringing like-minded folks together around how they use, or would like to use, Bridge. So, I’d like to begin here by saying: thank you for participating! We appreciate every idea you share and we really enjoy observing your interactions with one another.
Summary of Changes
In March of 2018 we announced that we’d be changing the process for ideas, making it possible for any user to share, vote, and connect! And then in April of 2018 we did just that, implementing a new structured and open process! We now have one final step to implement for this new process: archiving.
Beginning this month we will look at a cohort of ideas submitted six months ago and archive a percentage of them. The specifics will be as follows:
- Ideas with a total vote in the top 10% of the cohort will remain open for voting.
- Ideas with a total vote in the bottom 90% of the cohort will be archived and moved to Cold Storage.
- Cold Storage is a group that you can join if you want to have access to archived ideas. Ideas are never deleted.
- This archiving process will occur monthly hereafter.
- Ideas moved to cold storage can be resubmitted, but they will need to be submitted as a new idea and will have their own six-month window to garner votes.
- This initial archive activity will be the only one that includes ideas submitted prior to the cohort date (April 2018).
You might be wondering why we have a cyclical archive process. There are numerous reasons, but the primary reason is that fewer open ideas leads to a cleaner search. This might not seem like an issue now with only 500 ideas, but it will become an issue as idea submissions increase over time! As stated above, archived ideas can be submitted again--providing ideas previously submitted an opportunity to assess their priority anew.
If you have any questions about this process, please do not hesitate to ask. You can also reference these process guides: