The integration with Namely and Bridge is a one-way push of HR data that updates on a daily basis leveraging Namely and Bridge API endpoints. As part of the integration, the fields are selected from Namely and then labeled or mapped to Bridge.
- A Namely API token
- The Namely domain ([client_domain].bridgeapp.com)
- A Mapping File of what Namely field should correspond with Bridge fields
- A one-time upload of the desired Namely data.
The Namely integration starts with a baseline set of data in Bridge. After the initial configuration, Bridge will create new users that were created, update users who have had changes to relevant information and delete users who have been terminated in Namely.
Not all fields that are included in the Namely and are viewable through the user interface are accessible through the Namely API. Since the integration is API based, only fields that are accessible through the API can be included in the integration. Your implementation consultant (IC) can help you to understand what Namely data is accessible through the API (if you have provided the Namely access token).
An important note about the integration is that Bridge maintains a user profile as well as the manager relationship with whatever field you determine to be the unique identifier. So, with Namely, if you intend to maintain manager relationships through the integration you need to use the Namely field "Employee ID" as the Bridge unique identifier and the Namely field "Reports To" (which passes the Employee ID of the manager) to create the relationship. Additionally, this means that the user will log in using the Employee ID number since the UID and the Login ID leverage the same field.
If a client is using a single sign on solution, users will log in to the service with their usual credentials so long as the client can transform the claim to the Employee ID value in Namely to pass in the assertion to Bridge.
- Fill out the Namely Mapping template with the instructions on the document. Provide the document to your implementation consultant.
- Log into Namely as an admin.
- Generate an API token from Namely.
- Click the Profile drop down.
- Click the API option.
- Under New Access Token input a name for the API token and click Create.
- Copy the token to a location that you can save and send to your implementation consultant.
- Export a CSV with the fields that you'd like to include in Bridge.
- Upload the CSV generated in Step 4 into Bridge. The integration requires a baseline set of data including the creation of each of the fields in Bridge. The integration will maintain any changes to the data moving forward.
- If you haven't already, send your IC the Namely Mapping document (referenced in Step 1) and the Namely API token (referenced in Step 3). The Bridge team will complete the remainder of the configuration.
After these steps are complete, your IC will create a configuration file that will finish out the remaining steps of the integration. Your IC will let you know when this is complete.
Ensuring the integration is working as expected could take one of two scenarios: first, creating fake data sets or second, waiting for changes to happen within the organization and verifying those changes also synced in your Bridge instance.
- Create one new test user. Wait for the sync to occur and check the data in Bridge.
- Modify the test user. Wait for sync. Verify the data.
- Delete the test user. Wait for sync. Verify the data.
- Note the data that is changed in Namely according to the regular workflow of your HR group. Verify those changes are also made in Bridge.
|What I'm Experiencing||What's Likely Happening||Steps to Fix it|
|I do not see any of the fields that I filled out in the Namely Mapping document.|
A CSV upload was not performed (as described in Steps 5 and 6 in Configuration),
custom fields were not created in Bridge in the process of uploading the CSV.
Upload a CSV with the desired data. Inform your IC that you've performed the baseline upload.
|I do not see all of the fields that I chose to push from Namely to Bridge.|
The field was not mapped in the Namely Mapping document,
the configuration file was improperly formatted.
|I do not see intended changes to my data reflected in Bridge.||If you are checking immediately after a scheduled sync, Namely may still be pushing the data or Bridge may still be processing the data.|