Bridge does not currently provide a means of uploading historical user data but with a contractual arrangement with the implementation team we can perform an upload on the backside of Bridge using the Bridge APIs.
The process for completing the enrollments leverages data generated by a legacy system or by training records kept by the company in the format of a CSV. The process matches a user alias in the historical data with the same type of alias in Bridge and matches a course name in the completion data with a course name in Bridge. With this process a couple of course and user scenarios could occur:
- If the course can be matched to an existing course in the system, completions will be marked.
- If the course cannot be matched to an existing course in the system, completions will not be marked. No course is created.
- If the user alias can be matched to a user in Bridge, the completion is marked.
- If the user alias cannot be matched to a user in Bridge, the completion is not marked. No user is created.
So to summarize, both the course and the user must exist in Bridge for each line of the completion data to be marked. All courses and users that need to be marked as complete should be uploaded prior to the upload.
Note that the course does not need to be complete in all of its content or even published, just titled appropriately so a match can occur. At any time after the process the course can be edited or published.
Likewise, the user in Bridge doesn't need any user attributes beyond the alias needed to match the user to the completion data.
To successfully complete the upload the Bridge team requires:
- A CSV of completion data that contains:
- A user alias (preferably an email or employee ID #)
- A course name
- A completion percentage. If there is no completion percentage, the upload will default to 100%.
- A completion date. If there is no completion date, the upload will default to the date the upload is completed unless otherwise specified.
- All courses to be marked complete to be created and titled in Bridge.
- All users to be marked as complete to be created with the user alias in Bridge.
- Send the Bridge IC your completion data file.
- The IC will match courses and users to items Bridge. The IC will provide a file that verifies the users and courses that were and were not matched for confirmation.
- Once the matches are confirmed, the IC will perform the upload.
- Upon completion, the IC will provide a receipt that contains the Bridge-assigned user number and the Bridge-assigned course number for the upload.