How does Bridge calculate the estimated time to complete a course?

Document created by Bridge Doc Team Employee on Oct 27, 2016Last modified by Bridge Doc Team Employee on Sep 15, 2017
Version 29Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

When you are invited to an online course, the course will appear on the My Learning page where you can view an overview of the status of your courses.

View My Learning

View My Learning 

On the My Learning page, you can view an overview of the status of your courses.

View Course Status

View Course Status

Courses with a gray completion circle [1] represent courses that you have not started and can begin at any time. Once you have viewed the course, the course shows the status of how far you have progressed in the course. Your completed progress [2] is indicated with the blue shading in the completion circle.

View Time Remaining

View Time Remaining

The estimated time to complete the course is displayed under the course title. If the author designated an estimated duration for the course, your estimated time remaining is calculated by subtracting the time you have spent from that number.

If the author did not designate an estimated duration, estimated time to complete the course is calculated by taking the number of words on a slide and dividing it by 180wpm. If your course includes quiz questions, each quiz question counts as one minute. If your course includes video, the video minutes will be added to the word minutes to calculate the estimated time. If the estimated time it takes to complete your course is more than 44 minutes, the displayed estimate will be rounded to the nearest hour.

View Program Status

View Program Status

You can also view an overview of the status of your programs. Programs show a segmented circle to represent the number of courses in the program. Your completed progress is indicated with blue shading.

You are here
Table of Contents > Learners > How does Bridge calculate the estimated time to complete a course?
1 person found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes