There are two ways to reset a password for a learner. The first option is to use a CSV file. When adding or updating learners with a CSV file, account admins can set or reset multiple learner passwords at the same time. The second option is to use the Password Reset Request. When using the Password Reset Request, the learner will receive an email containing a link that will allow them to choose a new password.
- Some features may be restricted based on permissions for your user role.
- The ability to set learner passwords using a CSV file is a setting that must be enabled for your account. Please contact your Customer Success Manager for assistance.
- Once logged in with the password set by an admin, learners can change their password.
Option 1: Add via CSV
Click the Add via CSV link.
Add/Update Learners & Assign Managers
Drag and drop the CSV file onto the page. You can also browse and choose a file on your computer.
Ignore CSV Column Headers
If your CSV file contains column headers, click the This file has column headers checkbox so that Bridge will ignore the first line of your file.
Note: The CSV upload page will only allow you to preview 5 rows of data.
Assign Login ID
Drag the Login ID key to the column containing the unique identifier (UID), which could be a learner's name, employee ID, or email address. A unique identifier defines all account information per Bridge learner.
Note: If updating learner information, you will need to drag the Login ID key to the column matching the unique identifier.
Assign Manager ID
This step is optional. If you are assigning managers, drag the Manager ID key  to the column containing the manager's unique identifier (UID). If you are not assigning managers, click the Next button  to skip this step.
- The manager UID must either already exist in Bridge or be added during the import.
- When a learner gets reassigned to a new manager, Bridge will automatically update the learner's course and smart group enrollments. Any courses the learner has not started will be removed and any courses in progress will be made optional.
Add Other Data Fields
Match the Bridge format boxes with the columns in your CSV file. Drag and drop the appropriate format box to each column.
Note: The password format box will only be visible if you have the Set Learner Password setting enabled for your account. Please contact your Customer Success Manager for assistance.
When you are finished formatting your CSV file, click the Finish button.
Bridge will display the status of your CSV import and confirm your import.
If there are any errors with your import, you will receive an email notification.
Click the Confirm button.
Note: If you make updates to learners who already exist in Bridge, the confirmation message will display "X existing learners will be modified".
Option 2: Send Password Reset Request
On the Users page, click the name of the learner you wish to send a Password Reset Request.
Edit Learner Details
If no Message icon displays, click the Edit User button, and ensure the learner is subscribed to notifications  & has an email address entered .
The learner will receive an email containing a button that will allow them to set another password.