How do I assign or modify user roles in my account?

Document created by Bridge Doc Team Employee on Oct 27, 2016Last modified by Bridge Doc Team Employee on Aug 11, 2017
Version 23Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

All users added to Bridge are given the learner role by default. Account admins can assign and modify user roles for users from the Users page or from the Dashboard. Account admins can also create a custom role to assign to users.

Notes:

• Some features may be restricted based on permissions for your user role.
  • The manager role is automatically created and cannot be manually assigned.
  • You must add a user as a learner before you can assign any roles.
  • Users can be assigned more than one role; however, adding a user to additional roles will expand the permissions of that user, not restrict. Managers can also have an admin or account admin role that allows for additional permissions.

Learn more about roles and permissions in Bridge.

Option 1: View Users

Option 1: View Users

In the People menu [1], click the Users link [2].

Find User

Find Learner

To assign or modify a user's role, next to the learner's name, click the Modify Roles link [1].

Assign Role

Assign Role

Click the checkbox next to the role you want to assign to the user. Click the Save button when you're done.  

Note: The manager role is automatically created and cannot be manually assigned.

Option 2: View Dashboard

Option 2: View Dashboard

Click the Dashboard link.

Modify Roles

Modify Roles

Click the Modify Roles button.

Find User

Find Learner

To find a learner, in the text field, begin typing a user's name. Click the user's name.

Assign Role

Modify Role

Click the checkbox next to the role you want to assign to the learner. Click the Save button when you're done.  

Modify Role

Modify Role

To change a learner's role, click the role checkbox [1] next to the role you want to assign to the learner.

To remove a learner's role, uncheck the checkbox [2] next to the role you want to remove.

Click the Save button when you're done.

You are here
Table of Contents > Manage Users > How do I assign or modify user roles in my account?

Attachments

Outcomes