How do I record a response with a webcam?

Document created by Bridge Doc Team Administrator on Jan 17, 2018Last modified by Bridge Doc Team Administrator on Jan 17, 2018
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

After you watch the entire prompt video (i.e.without skipping ahead), you will be able to record your response.

Record with Webcam

To record with your webcam, select the blue Record with Webcam button.

View Icons

A new pop-up will appear. At this point, you should automatically see yourself on your screen. In the bottom left corner of the pop-up window there are three icons: a gear, a microphone, and a video camera.

If you select the gear icon you can switch recording from your computer to your phone if it is connected to your computer. The microphone and video camera icons indicate audio and lighting quality. If either icon is red, it means that either audio or the lighting quality is not good enough to record. If both icons are green then you are in the right conditions to record your response.

Record Response

Select the blue Record button to begin recording.

When you finish recording your response, select the red Stop button. Once your video processes it will automatically playback so you can double check there are no issues with your response. Select the blue Keep For Now button to continue.

Once your video successfully uploads, you will be shown a few next step options.

Try Again

You can re-record your video by selecting the gray Try Again button.

Note: If you choose to re-record your submission, your previously recorded video will be deleted.

Assess Response

Or you can complete your Self-Assessment (if assigned by your Instructor) by selecting the blue Assess Your Response button.

Submit Assessment

If you are satisfied with your Video Response and your exercise does not require a Self-Assessment, select the blue Submit Response button.

Confirm Submission

Select the blue Confirm button to confirm your submission.

Learn how to submit your Self-Assessment.

You are here
Table of Contents > Prompt and Response > How do I record a response with a webcam?

Attachments

Outcomes