How do I invite learners to my group in Practice?

Document created by Bridge Doc Team Administrator on Jan 17, 2018Last modified by Bridge Doc Team Administrator on May 3, 2018
Version 9Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Before Learners can participate in an Exercise, you must invite or add them to join your Group.

You can invite Learners to your Group in two ways:

• By providing a link to the Group
  • By emailing an invite to the Group

To do either of the two options above, you must first visit the People page in your Group.

Note: The group link should only be shared with learners. After clicking the group link, users are permanently assigned to the learner role within the group and cannot be promoted to facilitators or instructors. Facilitators and instructors should be invited to the group via direct email invitation.

Edit Group

Click Edit link 

To invite Learners to your Group, visit your Group page, select the gray More Actions button, select Edit from the drop down menu.

Open People

Click People link 

Select People in the menu on the left hand side of the screen.

Invite Learners

Click Invite button 

From here, you can invite Learners to your Group by either providing Learners a link to your Group or emailing Learners an invite to your Group. See the instructions for each option below.

Provide Learners a link to your Group:

Select the blue Invite button.

Copy Learner Link

Copy Group link

Copy the link provided. Share the link with the Learners you would like to participate in your Group.

Note: New users will automatically be assigned a Learner role when creating an account by visiting your link.

Select Learner Role

Click Learner option

To invite learners via email: under Assign a Role, select Learner from the drop-down menu.

Enter Email

Type email address

Provide the email address of the Learner you would like to add in the email address field.

Send Invite

Click Send Invite button

Select the blue Send Invite button.

View Invitation Email

View email notification

After you go through the above steps, the Learner will receive an email titled Join YOUR GROUP NAME with a link to your Group.

Add Learners

Click Add People button 

In addition to inviting Learners to your Group, you have an option to add Learners to your Group if, and only if, such Learners are already members of your Organization. Assuming your Learners are members of your Organization, follow these steps to add Learners to your Group:

Select the blue Add People button.

Search Organization Members

Type search term 

Search for specific Organization members in the search bar or look through the list.

Select Organization Members

Click checkbox 

Check off the corresponding boxes to the Learners you would like to add the Group. When you check off the box, the member is automatically assigned the Learner role.

Add People

Click Add People button 

Select the blue Add People button at the bottom of the page.

Learn how to remove Learners from your group here.

You are here
Table of Contents > Groups > How do I invite learners to my group in Practice?

Attachments

Outcomes