How do I change my ApprenNet recording options for a Mac?

Document created by Bridge Doc Team Administrator on Feb 27, 2018Last modified by Bridge Doc Team Administrator on Aug 17, 2018
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

First, access the sound preferences on your Mac:

1. Select Apple Menu > System Preferences.
  2. In the System Preferences window, select Sound.
  3.  The Sound preferences window appears.

Change sound output preferences on your Mac:

1.  In the Sound preferences window, select Output.  This displays the Output preferences.
  2. In the Select a device for sound output field, the sound output device is selected.  If you see several devices in this list, select the one you prefer for sound output. 
  3. Use the slider to adjust the Balance for this device.  For an even sound, it is best to set this in the middle.
  4. Use the slider to adjust the Output volume.  When using ApprenNet, ensure mute is off in our Recording device (see Why doesn't my Submission have any sound?).  Tick Show volume in the menu bar so you can adjust the volume in the upper right of your screen at any time.  You can also adjust this volume setting using the speaker keys on some Mac keyboards.

Change sound input preferences on your Mac:

1. In the Sound preferences window, select Input. This displays the Input preferences.
  2. In the Select a device for the sound input field, you should see a list of available ways to input sound such as Internal microphone or Line In. Select the device you prefer for sound input.
  3. Use the slider to adjust the Input volume. As a general rule, you want the input volume to be high enough so that the source of the sound can be heard, but not so high as to cause distortion.  You can test the input volume setting by speaking into a microphone in a normal voice and watching the response of the Input level meter.

For best results, the input level should fall in a range of 2/3 to ¾ full. You can experiment to find the level that sounds best using your equipment by adjusting the input volume higher or lower.

1. Tick Use ambient noise reduction to help cut down on background noise.
  2. Use the slider to adjust Output volume.  When using ApprenNet, ensure Mute is off in our Recording device.  Tick Show volume in the menu bar so you can adjust the volume in the upper right of your screen at any time.  You can also adjust this volume setting using the speaker keys on some Mac keyboards. 
You are here
Table of Contents > Recording Videos > How do I change my ApprenNet recording options for a Mac?

Attachments

Outcomes