Please find below an email template that you can share with your Learners when inviting them to a Group. Your communications should provide general context, as well as step-by-step instructions. While the Practice platform is designed to be intuitive for learners, this provides additional context for those who may feel less comfortable with web or video technology.
Note that there are multiple ways to invite users to the Practice. You can read more about these here, and let your CSM know if you’re interested in using SSO.
The below email communication includes instructions for both Group Link & Direct Invite, but we recommend sending instructions for only the way in which you plan to invite them.
EMAIL TEMPLATE FOR INVITING LEARNERS TO A GROUP
I'm excited to share that [COMPANY] is using an interactive video platform called Practice to give you additional opportunities to practice your [SKILL] skills. The Practice platform enables and encourages you to give and receive feedback to and from your colleagues and [CLIENT’s] internal experts. You can learn more about Practice platform in this short video. Or read on to get started!
Our first challenge will get you familiar with the platform and into the practice mindset. Read on to get started!
Include Exercise start dates and due dates
Create a Practice Account:
To join a Group via email invite or .CSV invite:
- Locate an email entitled, “Join [GROUP NAME]” in your inbox. You may need to check your spam folder.
- Select the green Let’s Get Started button in body of the email
- Enter your name and create a password. (Note the email in the field above. This is your account ID)
- Select the blue Sign Up button
- Enter your email and the password you created and select the blue Login button
To join a Group via the "Learner Only" invite link:
NOTE: We do not recommend exposing non-Learners (e.g. Instructors, Reviewers) to the Learner Group Invite link.
- Click here: [LINK] (Learner, please do not share this link with others)
- Enter your email address
- Select the blue Submit button
- You will then receive an email entitled, “Join [GROUP NAME]” from firstname.lastname@example.org to the address you provide
- Select the green Let’s Get Started button in the email
- Enter your full name and create a password
- Select the blue Sign Up button
- Log in using the credentials you just created
When you log into the platform, you are immediately brought to your Groups page. Your Groups page is a list of all the Groups you have access to as a Learner.
- From the Groups page select the "[GROUP NAME]" and then select the Exercise, "[EXERCISE NAME]" and select the “Let’s Get Started” button to begin.
- Watch the Prompt video in its entirety
- Record or upload your video response
- Assess your own response by responding to the guiding self-assessment questions, and select the Save button (NOTE: this is an optional configuration choice. The Group Instructor can turn this off when configuring your exercise if you so choose)
- Submit your video response by selecting the blue Submit button
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can re-record your video as many times as you like until you select the blue Submit button. Once you select the blue Submit button, you will not be able to change or re-record your video. You must select the blue Submit button for your video to be eligible for consideration.
If you need technical support, click here or select the question mark ("?") at the top of every Practice pate. Or reach out to email@example.com.
If you have questions about the Exercise, email [YOUR CONTACT INFO].