Do you want to give managers the ability to evaluate learner submissions in Practice?
In order for your managers to do this, they will need some additional privileges within Bridge. Before you get started, first ensure the user’s Bridge account has a “Full Name”. You can update their account by selecting the user’s name, and selecting the gray “Edit User” button.
User Role Option 1: Promote the manager to author
User Role Option 2: Create a customized role for managers who need evaluator access to Practice
- Create a new role based on the existing author role. This user should have only the following permissions
- Under Users: “View a User” (optional, but suggested)
- Under Content: “View Course Titles” and “View Course”
- Under Manage Programs: all permission options
- Under Manage Checkpoints: “View Checkpoint” and “Edit Checkpoint”
- Under LTI Launches: “Launch Program Editor Tools” and “Launch Program Tab Tools”
- Under LTI Content: “Launch LTI Content as an Admin”
- Add the new role to the manager’s profile
- The manger can now evaluate learner submissions in Practice by going to Author > Programs > Program Title > Practice Tab > Review Submissions
INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR EVALUATORS
Find below step-by-step instructions that you can share with your evaluators once they have been granted the appropriate permissions.
- From the Bridge Author application, select Programs (top)
- Select the appropriate Program name
- Select the gray Practice tab (next to the Learners and Groups tabs)
- Select the blue Review Submissions link next to the appropriate Exercise
- From the Practice dashboard, select the thumbnail associated with the Response you wish to assess
- Select the Play button to view the Learner’s Response
- Provide feedback via the Assessment Form to the right of the video and the Written Feedback Prompt(s). You are also able to leave both timestamped and general comments on the Submission
- Select the gray Deliver Now button to send your feedback to the learner immediately or the blue Deliver Later button to save the Assessment and return to the Exercise Dashboard.