How do I record or upload an audio prompt or model response in Practice?

Document created by Bridge Doc Team Administrator on Jun 8, 2018Last modified by Bridge Doc Team Administrator on Sep 14, 2018
Version 7Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

You can record an audio prompt or model response in Practice using a mobile device. You can also upload a prerecorded audio file from your computer. 

Open Library

Click Library link 

To record an audio prompt or model response, in the Global Navigation Menu, click the Library link.

Open Module

Open Module  

To add a new content module, click the Create Content Module button [1]. To edit an existing content module, click the Edit icon [2].

Record Audio Prompt

Click record button 

To record an audio prompt with your phone, click the Prompt tab, then click the File Type list and click the Audio option [1]. Click the Record button [2].

Record Audio Model Response

Click record button 

To record an audio model response with your phone, click the Model & Reflection tab, then click the File Type list and click the Audio option [1]. Click the Record button [2].

Begin Audio Recording

Enter Phone Number

You can record your audio prompt or model response by calling Practice or by letting Practice call you. To let Practice call you, enter your phone number in the Enter Your Phone Number field [1] and click the Call Me button [2]. You must enter a full ten-digit phone number that includes an area code. To call Practice, dial the phone number [3] displayed in the Practice interface and enter the verification code [4] when prompted.

Note: If you click the Call Me button and do not receive a call from Practice, do the following:

1. Ensure your phone's settings do not block incoming calls from unknown numbers.
  2. Ensure your voicemail system is activated.
  3. Restart your phone.

After completing those steps, click the Call Me button.

Record and Save Audio File

Record Audio Response message

To start recording your audio file, press the 1 button on your phone's keypad. To stop recording, press the # button. After pressing the button, press the button to review your file, the 2 button to delete and re-record your file, or the 3 button to save your file.

Note: These directions will also appear in a message window in the Practice interface.

Preview Audio File

Preview Audio Prompt 

After saving your audio file, end the call. Your audio file automatically uploads to the Edit Prompt or Model Response pages in the Practice interface. You can preview your audio file by clicking the Play button in the Preview File player.

Upload Audio File

Click Upload button 

To upload a prerecorded audio prompt or model response, click the File Type list and click the Audio option [1]. Click the Upload button [2]. In the file browser, choose an audio file from your computer. Practice accepts MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV, WMA, & AIFF audio files up to 1 GB in size.

Confirm Audio Upload

Click Upload file button

Click the Upload File button.

Complete the Prompt and Response stage or Model Response.

You are here
Table of Contents > Exercises and Content Modules > How do I record or upload an audio prompt or model response in Practice?

Attachments

Outcomes