Admins, IT admins, and account admins have the ability to create, view, and manage categories in their account. Categories can be added to learning content and to groups.
- All admin roles inherently have permission to create and manage categories.
- The author role does not inherently have permission to create and manage categories, but the permission to do so can be assigned to authors in the Roles and Permissions page.
- Categories are not inherited by learning content in sub accounts.
- When a category is assigned to a group, all the learning items associated with that category will be visible to group members in the Learning Library.
- If a learner is individually assigned to a categorized learning item but the learner is not in a group assigned to that category, the learner will see the learning item in the All Others category of the Learning Library.
Open Application Switcher Menu
In the Global Navigation menu, click the Application Switcher icon . Then, click the Admin menu option .
View the existing categories in your account. To search for a category, enter your search terms in the Search field . To sort categories in ascending or descending order, click the Sort link . To view the details for an existing category, click the category name . To delete a category, click the Delete icon . To add a new category, click the Add New Category button .
Add New Category
After clicking the Add New Category button, enter a category name in the Category Name text field. If you are using a PC, press the Enter key on your keyboard. If you are using a Mac, press the Return key.
Add Category Content
Click one of the Add Content buttons.
Search for Content
After clicking the Add Content button, enter the name of a program, course, live training, or checkpoint in the search field . As you type, a list of matching learning items will populate below the search field . You can scroll through the list of learning items using your mouse or the arrow keys on your keyboard. To select a learning item, click its name in the list .
- In order for the categorized learning items to display in a user's Learning Library, you must also add the category to a group that contains the user.
- If a learning item is assigned to more than one category, the learning item will appear in both categories in the Learning Library.
View and Manage Category Content
Content items that have been added to the category will display in the Content list . Each list item displays an icon that indicates whether the item is a checkpoint , course , live training , or program . To remove a content item from a category, click the Remove icon .
To delete a category, click the Delete icon . To sort content alphabetically, click the Sort By link . To filter content by type, click the Filter By link . To edit the category name, click the Category Name field . To return to the Categories and Tags page, click the Back to Categories link .
- When an admin creates a category, adds learning content to the category, and then assigns the category to a group, the categorized learning content will display in a group member's Learning Library within categorized rows.
- A user's assigned categories will display at the bottom of their My Learning page in the Recommended by [Your Organization] section.