Once groups are created on the Groups page, you can find groups to add to your course.
Any groups added to your course automatically display all the group learners in the Learners tab. If a learner was added to a course through a group, the only way to remove the learner is to edit the learner's group or remove the entire group from the course.
- Adding a group to your course automatically creates a due date for all learners, regardless of the course status (publish or unpublished).
- If your course is published, adding groups to your course immediately sends a course email invitation to all learners in the group.
- Some features may be restricted based on permissions for your user role.
Open Application Switcher Menu
In the Global Navigation menu, click the Application Switcher icon . Then, click the Author menu option .
Click the Add Group button.
Note: If your course is published, adding groups to your course immediately sends a course email invitation to all learners in the group.
In the Set Relevance drop-down menu, set the relevance for the group. The relevance defines the learning content's visibility for the group learners. Relevance can be set as the following:
- Required : the group learners are enrolled in the course and the course is marked as required in their My Learning.
- Recommended : the group learners are enrolled in the course and the course is marked as recommended in their My Learning.
- Available in Library : the course displays in the Learning Library for all members of the group.
View the group in your course. For large groups, it may take a few moments before individual learners appear in the Learners tab.
To view learners in the group, locate and click the name of the group.
View the group's relevance setting in the Relevance column .
To edit a group's relevance, click the relevance link .
To delete a group, locate the group and click the Remove icon.