Bridge allows you to create courses by uploading SCORM, AICC, PowerPoint (.ppt and .pptx), and JSON files. Existing uploaded courses created with SCORM and AICC files can only be updated by uploading revised files and cannot be copied using the Course Copy feature.
Notes: Some features may be restricted based on permissions for your user role.
Learn more about SCORM settings and best practices for Bridge.
Open Application Switcher Menu
In the Global Navigation menu, click the Application Switcher icon . Then, click the Author menu option .
To upload or replace a course package, drag and drop the SCORM, AICC, ppt, pptx, or json file onto the page. To manually select a file from your computer, click the browse and choose a file link .
To add a title to the course, enter the title in the Course Title field .
Add Course Title and Cover Slide
To add a title after the course has been uploaded, enter a name for your course in the Course Title field . If you do not enter a course name, your course will be saved as Untitled Course.
To add a cover slide, click the Cover Slide button .
Configure Course Settings
In the Course Settings menu, you can modify the configuration of your uploaded course.
To add a category to the course, click the Find Category button  and enter the category title.
To add a tag, click the New Tag button  and enter the tag title.
In the General settings section , you can edit the course due date, expiration date, certificate settings, external ID, course duration, continuing education credits, and choose to maintain branding when shared to sub-accounts. The Opens In setting defines how the initial launch of the course occurs. When the current window option is selected, the course will open in the same browser window the learner has been using to navigate Bridge. When the new window option is selected, the course will open in a new window, most likely with a prompt from the learner's pop-up blocker. When the new window with confirmation option is selected, the course will play in a new window after they click a confirmation prompt.
In the Quiz settings section , you can edit the required score and limit the number of quiz attempts allowed.
In the Publishing section , you can change score calculation settings and enrollment migration settings.
Configure SCORM Settings
If your uploaded course was created with a SCORM file, you have the option to choose how you'd like the course to be presented to learners.
To configure Score Calculation settings for SCORM courses, click the Score calculated using drop-down menu , and choose the latest attempt or the average of all attempts option.
When a learner’s enrollment in a SCORM course is migrated, the learner will see the new version of the course the next time the learner launches the course. Click the Migrating Enrollments dropdown menu to choose when and which group of learners will see the new version of a replaced course . The options are:
- Move enrollments when completed and new course version exists - if a new course version exists, learners will see the new version after the course has been completed
- Never move enrollments - learners will continue to see the original version
- Always move enrollments - learners will always see the new version the next time the learner launches the course
- Move enrollments if incomplete and new course version exists - learners who haven't completed the original version will start the new version next time the course is launched
- Move enrollments when completed - learners will see the new version once the original version has been completed
- Move enrollments when failed - failed learners will see the new version upon the next launch
- Move enrollments when failed and new course version exists - failed learners will see the new version upon the next launch
- Move enrollments when passed and new course version exists - learners will see the new version after the course has been completed and passed
- Move enrollments when satisfied - learners will see the new version after the course has been completed and marked as a success
If you do not select a Migrating Enrollments option, the Move enrollments when completed and new course version exists option is selected by default.
Note: Selecting the Move enrollments when failed and Move enrollments when failed and new course version exists will create the same results.
Replace SCORM Course
To update an uploaded course that was created with a SCORM file, you will need to upload an updated SCORM file. To replace the file, click the Replace button.
To edit an uploaded course that was created with a PowerPoint or JSON file, click the Edit button.
- Courses created with a PowerPoint file are created by converting the slides to an image format. Each PowerPoint slide is converted to an image and each image will then be placed on its own Bridge course slide. The content of the PowerPoint slides are not editable, but additional content can be added to the Bridge course slides.
- If you need to update a single slide in a course that was created with a PowerPoint file, you can save the updated slide in PowerPoint as an image. Then, replace the old slide image with the updated slide image in the relevant Bridge course slide.
View Original File
Uploaded courses will automatically have the original file added to the course in the Attachments tab . To download the file, click the Download icon .