Learners receive a variety of notifications in Bridge. Notifications are sent to the email address in a learner's profile and may take up to five minutes to appear in the learner's email. Notifications display the time zone of the Bridge server, which defaults to Mountain Time.
Learn about the different types of notifications that can be sent and how they are generated in Bridge.
Notifications are not sent for the following actions:
- Adding learners to a group
- Assigning a learner to a role
- Notifications must be enabled for the account.
- A user with permission to manage emails can unsubscribe individual learners from receiving email notifications.
View Bridge Account Invitation
A learner will receive an email notification to set up their account when an account admin adds them to a Bridge account. The Set a Password button will prompt the learner to set a password for their account. This email will also be generated when an email address has either been modified or added to an existing account that has not been set up by the learner.
- If a learner's profile does not include an email address, a notification cannot be generated.
- The link contained within the Account Invitation will expire 30 days after the notification was sent to the learner from Bridge.
View Password Reset Notification
If a learner has already set up their account but has forgotten their password, a password reset can be requested by the learner or sent by an account admin. The password reset notification email will be sent with a link to reset their password. Learners will receive the reset password notification email even if they are unsubscribed from email notifications.
- Bridge passwords cannot be reset in accounts that use a Central Authentication Service (CAS). Learners who use CAS will need to contact their Bridge admin for assistance in resetting their password.
- The link contained in the password reset notification email will expire 24 hours after the request for reset has been sent to the learner.
View Initial Password Change Notification
When a learner logs into Bridge for the first time and creates a new password, the learner will receive a notification email stating the learner's password has been changed.
Note: Password change email notifications are sent to those using Bridge authentication.
View Bridge Message
When a message is sent to a learner, the learner receives the message in his or her email inbox. Messages are one-way notifications and learners cannot reply.
Messages can be sent to individual learners, all learners in a group, all learners in a course, all learners in a program, all learners in a live training course, or all learners in a live training session. Messages can also be sent to survey participants.
Messages are always sent as individual messages, even when sent to more than one learner.
View Notifications for Courses
Learners will receive the following notifications for courses:
- Course Invitation - A learner will receive a notification when they are added via a group or individually to a published course. If the learner or learner's group is added to an unpublished course, a notification will not be sent until the course is published.
- Comment Reply Notification - Authors of comments will receive an email notification for every reply they receive on the original comment.
- Completed Course Notification - When a learner completes a course that contains learner-visible attachments, the learner receives an email notification containing the attachments. Learners will not receive a notification if a course does not contain learner-visible attachments.
Note: Learners will only receive notifications for required courses.
View Notifications for Checkpoints
Learners will receive the following notifications for courses:
- Checkpoint Invitation - A learner will receive a notification when they are added via a group or individually to a published checkpoint. If the learner or learner's group is added to an unpublished checkpoint, a notification will not be sent until the checkpoint is published.
View Notifications for Live Trainings
Learners will receive the following notifications for live trainings:
- Live Training Invitation - A learner will receive a notification when they are added via a group or individually to a live training course. Unlike courses, live training courses do not need to be published for the notification to be sent.
- Live Training Registration - When a learner registers for a live training session, the learner receives an email notification confirming the registration. If the learner chooses to register for a different session, the learner will receive a new registration email. If the session is canceled, the learner will receive an unregistration email that includes the option to register for a different session, if available. An email notification will not be sent if a learner unregisters from a live training session.
- Live Training Reminders - A registered learner will receive an email notification one week before their live training session. A second reminder will be sent between 30 minutes and 90 minutes before the training session begins. A registered learner in a multi-part session will only receive one reminder for the entire session.
- Live Training Unregistration - If a live training course or a live training session with registered learners is removed from the account, the learners will receive an email notification about the course or session change.
View Survey Invitation
When a learner is added to a survey, the learner receives an email invitation to participate in the survey.
Note: If a learner attempts to take a survey that has been deleted, Bridge will display a canceled message and the learner will be directed back to their My Learning page.
View Learning Summary Notification
Learners receive a weekly learning summary email if they have overdue items or items coming due within the next seven days.
View Bridge Author Summary Notification
Authors receive a weekly Bridge summary email if they have items with overdue learners or learners enrolled in items that are due within the next seven days.
View Bridge Manager Summary
Managers receive a weekly Bridge summary email if they have learners within their domain with overdue items or items coming due within the next seven days.