Once you have published a course and added learners, you can message learners in your course. Messages are sent to the email address in each learner's profile. You can select recipients according to course status.
- Messaging is a one-way feature; learners cannot reply to messages.
- Some features may be restricted based on permissions for your user role.
- Notifications must be enabled for the account.
- If a learner has been unsubscribed from email notifications, the learner will not receive any messages.
- You can notify learners when you make changes to a course.
Open Application Switcher Menu
In the Global Navigation menu, click the Application Switcher icon . Then, click the Author menu option .
On the Course Details page, click the More Actions icon  and then click the Send Message link .
Note: The Send Message link will be inactive if there are no learners in a course.
In the status drop-down menu, select the learners you want to message according to course status.
Confirm your message was sent.
Note: Messaging is a one-way feature; learners cannot reply to messages.