Before creating an event, review the different types of BridgeLIVE events.
Note: Please do not host event topics related to features that are in still in closed beta. Focus Groups exist for these kinds of interactions.
To set up a BridgeLIVE event, click the Search icon  and then type 'bridgelive' in the search field . Click the BridgeLIVE link .
Promote, Promote, Promote
As soon as you post an event, most members who follow the BridgeLIVE space will be notified. However, you may want to do some targeted promotion.
Here are some suggestions:
- Invite people to the event (click the Invite People button).
- Use the Share button on the event page to share to a place within the Community.
- Use the social icon buttons.
- Simply give out the link in the address bar in any way you prefer.
Tips to Host a Successful Event
Every event is different and yours to own. The following are tips we have learned over time that can help make an event successful.
- Start with a welcome and housekeeping items (how to mute, how to ask questions, etc.).
- Outline the objectives at the beginning and review at the end.
- Be mindful of private information when sharing screens.
- Do a practice run before the day of the event.
- Pause periodically to engage your audience (poll, questions, etc.)
- Stay focused on the topic and objectives.
- Provide examples! People want to see things applied in real life (but remember to be mindful of private information).
- Do not worry over perfection. Be excited for an imperfect but fantastic event!
- Identify 3rd-party application costs up front.
- Have a backup plan for technology failures. Technology loves to fail during live events.