Categories act as containers for learning content items and enable admins to target learning content to specific users. Once a learning item has been created, you can add categories to your learning item.
- Only admins have permission to create categories.
- When a category is assigned to a group, all the learning items associated with that category will be visible to group members in the Learning Library.
- If a user is individually assigned to a categorized learning item but the user is not in a group assigned to that category, the user will see the learning item in the All Others category of the Learning Library.
Open Admin Menu
In the Global Navigation menu, click the Application Switcher icon . Then, click the Author menu option .
Note: The Global Navigation menu may differ depending on what is enabled in your account.
Open Learning Content
Click the Courses , Programs , Live Trainings , or Checkpoints link .
If a category has already been created, the category will appear in the drop-down list as you type. Click the name of the category you would like to add to the learning item.
Note: Categories cannot be created in the learning item details page.
The assigned category will display in the Categories section.
- If a learning item is assigned to more than one category, the learning item will appear in both categories in the Learning Library.
- To ensure a learning item will appear within a category in a learner's Learning Library, add a group to the category.
View Categories in Learning Library
Users in groups assigned to the relevant categories can view the content items within categories in the Learning Library.