Once you have published a course and added learners, you can message users in your course. Messages are sent to the email address in each user's profile. You can select recipients according to course status.
- Messaging is a one-way feature; users cannot reply to messages.
- Some features may be restricted based on permissions for your user role.
- Notifications must be enabled for the account.
- If a user has been unsubscribed from email notifications, the user will not receive any messages.
- You can notify users when you make changes to a course.
Open Author Menu
In the Global Navigation menu, click the Application Switcher icon . Then, click the Author menu option .
Note: The Global Navigation menu may differ depending on what is enabled in your account.
In the Course Details page, click the More Actions icon  and then click the Send Message link .
Note: The Send Message link will be inactive if there are no users in a course.
In the status drop-down menu, select the users you want to message according to course status.
Confirm your message was sent.
Note: Messaging is a one-way feature; users cannot reply to messages.