To use this integration, you will need a Workato account. This will be set up when working with the Implementation Consultants when setting up the integration.
Please reach out to the Support team for assistance in getting this setup.
Create an Organization Account for a Calendar
Create an organization account for a calendar like any other user within your organization. This account will act as the main account where all Live Training events will be created, updated, and deleted as per the actions in Bridge Live Training.
This created calendar account will be considered as the organizer for all the calendar events.
It is recommended to have an organizer’s calendar account with the same calendar provider as learners/employees.
Authenticate Calendar Connector in Workato
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject in the format ‘Invitation to join team [Prod]<Your Org Name>’
Click ‘View Invitation’ link in the email
If you don't already have a workato account, you will be directed to a Signup page. Enter password and create an account. If you already have an account, login with your email id and password.
Click on the Account name in the left side panel, and select the only account that appears. Account name will be displayed in this format: [Prod]<Your Org Name>
In the ‘Asset’ section, click on ‘Connections’.
You can see the connection ‘CONN | Google Calendar Connection’ in the list
Select ‘CONN | Google Calendar Connection’. The following screen will appear.
Click the ‘Sign in with Google’ button. Don't change anything in Advanced settings.
Authenticate Google Calendar connector with a Google account (created in Step A)
Once the connector is successfully authenticated, the connector will be shown as ‘Connected’ in the connection list.
Disable Email Notifications in Bridge after enabling Calendar integration
In Bridge, Go to Admin → Notifications from the left sidebar.
Scroll down to the ‘Learners’ section.
Disable Email Notifications for highlighted sections
Mandatory Google Calendar Notification Settings
Mandatory Google Calendar Notification Settings required for Learners and Instructors to get email notifications for calendar events.
A. Calendar Event Setting:
- Go to Google Calendar Settings --> General --> Event Settings
- Change the Add invitations to my calendar setting from 'From everyone' (For External Instructors) to Always get calendar events created.
- Change the Add invitations to my calendar setting from 'Only if the sender is known' (For internal learners) to Always get calendar events created.
B. General Notification Setting:
- Go to Google Calendar Settings --> General --> Notification Settings
- Change Notifications to Alerts.
- Uncheck Notify me only if I have responded “Yes” or “Maybe” (It is required if the event is not auto-accepted)
C. Email notifications setting:
- Go to Google Calendar Settings --> Settings for my calendars --> Select Primary Calendar --> Calendar settings --> Other notifications.
- Select Email in the dropdown for New events, Changed events, Canceled events, and Event responses to get emails for calendar events
D. Notification for event setting:
- Go to Google Calendar Settings --> Settings for my calendars --> Select Primary Calendar --> Calendar settings --> Event notifications
- Add appropriate notification settings.
For additional assistance, please reach out to the Support team.