You can set a password for a user with a CSV file. When adding or updating users with a CSV file, you can set or reset multiple user passwords at the same time.
To set a password for users, include a Password column in your CSV file. Before uploading your file, please confirm you have formatted your CSV file correctly.
You can also set a password via a password reset request.
• Some features may be restricted based on permissions for your user role.
• The ability to set user passwords using a CSV file is a setting that must be enabled for your account. Please contact your Customer Success Manager for assistance.
• Once logged in with the password set by an admin, users can change their password.
Open Admin Menu
In the Global Navigation menu, click the Admin icon. Then, click the Users & Permissions menu option.
In the Users & Permissions menu, select Manage Users.
Note: The Global Navigation menu may differ depending on what is enabled in your account.
Add/Update Users & Assign Managers
Drag and drop the CSV file onto the page. You can also browse and choose a file on your computer.
Ignore CSV Column Headers
If your CSV file contains column headers, click the This file has column headers checkbox so that Bridge will ignore the first line of your file.
Note: The CSV upload page will only allow you to preview 5 rows of data.
Assign Login ID
Drag the Login ID key to the column containing the unique identifier (UID), which could be a user's name, employee ID, or email address. A unique identifier defines all account information per Bridge user.
Note: If updating user information, you will need to drag the Login ID key to the column matching the unique identifier.
Assign Manager ID
This step is optional. If you are assigning managers, drag the Manager ID key  to the column containing the manager's unique identifier (UID). If you are not assigning managers, skip this step by clicking the Next button .
- The manager UID must either already exist in Bridge or be added during the import.
- When a user gets reassigned to a new manager, Bridge will automatically update the user's course and smart group enrollments. Any courses the user has not started will be removed and any courses in progress will be made optional.
Add Other Data Fields
Match the Bridge format boxes with the columns in your CSV file. Drag and drop the appropriate format box to each column.
Note: The password format box will only be visible if you have the Set Learner Password setting enabled for your account. Please contact your Customer Success Manager for assistance.
When you are finished formatting your CSV file, click the Finish button.
Bridge will display the status of your CSV import and confirm your import.
If there are any errors with your import, you will receive an email notification.
Click the Confirm button.
Note: If you make updates to users who already exist in Bridge, the confirmation message will display "X existing users will be modified".