There a numerous free tools for compressing video files. Two such resources are Clipchamp and Handbrake. Recommended steps for each are outlined below.
Note: 1 GB is the maximum allowable file size for video upload on Practice. Acceptable video file types include: .mov, .mp4, .WebM, .FLV, .avi, .mpg, or .mpeg.
Compress File with Clipchamp
- Visit the Clipchamp website
- Select Convert Video File
- Select the plan you prefer.
- Select or drag-and-drop your video file
- Select Optimize for Web
- Select Keep Resolution
- Select Format .MP4
- Select Medium Quality
- Select the Get Started button at the bottom right
Compress File with Handbrake
- Visit the Handbrake website
- Select download on the left side of the homepage. If you are not using a Mac OS device then select Other Platforms below the Download button.
- If not a Mac OS system, select Download below the operating system you use.
- After download, select the handbrake icon that appears on your screen.
- Open the application.
- Select Source found in the top left corner of the Handbrake tool.
- Select the video you would like to compress.
- Select Start (top left corner) to compress your video.
Once you have a video file of the appropriate size and format, you can learn how to upload it.