This document will walk through how to connect to an Instructure hosted SFTP.
If you are unsure if you have had an Instructure hosted SFTP, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
- Active Instructure SFTP
- Username provided by Instructure
- Private Key
- File Transfer Software
- Filezilla is used in the below screenshots. This is a free tool and can be downloaded here.
Steps for Connecting
Access Site Settings
Open the site settings in your FTP software
Select New Site
Configure Site Settings
- Protocol: SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol
- Host: sftp.bridgeapp.com
- Logon Type: Key File
- User: [username provided by Instructure]
- Key file: [Select the private key pair that corresponds with the public key sent to Instructure]
To Download a file double click the file from the SFTP.
ToUpload a file, drag the file to the SFTP side.
What You're Experiencing
What's Probably Happening
How to Resolve
The file '' could not be loaded or does not contain a private key.
The file used is not a private key
Use the private key pair that corresponds with the public key sent to Instructure