Do you want to give users the ability to evaluate learner submissions in Practice?
Managers* already have the ability to review Practice submissions in Bridge. In order for non-managers to do this, they will need some additional privileges within Bridge. Before you get started, first ensure the users Bridge account has a Full Name. You can update their account by selecting the users name, and selecting the gray Edit User button.
Note: You can also review the guide on how to edit users accounts if needing additional assistance.
*Managers in accounts that don't limit manager permissions (i.e. the ability for managers to author and enroll)
Option 1: Promote the user to author
Option 2: Create a custom role
- Create a new custom role based on the existing author role (steps here). This user should have only the following permissions:
- Under Users: View a User (optional, but suggested)
- Under Content: View Course Titles and View Course
- Under Manage Programs: all permission options
- Under Manage Checkpoints: View Checkpoint and Edit Checkpoint
- Under LTI Launches: Launch Program Editor Tools and Launch Program Tab Tools
- Under LTI Content: Launch LTI Content as an Admin
- Add the new role to the user's profile (steps here).
- The user can now evaluate learner submissions in Practice by going to Author > Programs > Program Title > Practice Tab > Review Submissions. (video walk thru here)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR REVIEWERS
Find below step-by-step instructions that you can share with your reviewers once they have been granted the appropriate permissions.
- From the Bridge Author application, select Programs (top)
- Select the appropriate Program name
- Select the gray Practice tab (next to the Learners and Groups tabs)
- Select the blue Review Submissions link next to the appropriate Exercise
- From the Practice dashboard, select the thumbnail associated with the Response you wish to assess
- Select the Play button to view the Learners Response
- Provide feedback via the Assessment Form to the right of the video and the Written Feedback Prompt(s). You are also able to leave both timestamped and general comments on the Submission
- Select the gray Deliver Now button to send your feedback to the learner immediately or the blue Deliver Later button to save the Assessment and return to the Exercise Dashboard.