It would be helpful to not just have file attachments be separate but to be able to link to them at specific points within a course. Is this a feature you are considering adding? Thank you!
Bex Shipps, there is actually a really slick way to do this in a Bridge course. Just do the following:
1. Upload the attachment in the Attachments area of the course. (sounds like you know how to do that)
2. Right click on the download button for the attachment and select "Copy link address"
3. Enter edit mode for the course and navigate to the page you want to put the attachment on
4. Put some text on the page, highlight the text, then click the chain link icon at the top of the editor
5. Paste the URL into the popup
6. Here's where it gets a little tricky, you need to edit the URL just a little bit so it works for your learners, below is what the URL will look like that you copied and a view of what you need to change it to:
Copied link: https://company.bridgeapp.com/api/author/course_templates/163/attachments/1050/download
Change "author" to "learner" and take out "_templates" and add an "s" to "course" so it looks like this:
Final link: https://company.bridgeapp.com/api/learner/courses/163/attachments/1050/download
Now that link will download the attachment when the learner clicks on it on that specific page in the course.
You can see what all these steps looks like in this short video I made.
Hello, Bex Shipps andWelcome to the Bridge Community! I found a feature idea related to this: Link to attachments inside training.
Edited 1/10/2019 to update links.
Thank you Joshua- I'm going to try this! Appreciate your clear steps and video.
We use SharePoint for this. So, we'll still attach the document in the Attachments section, but within the course we'll link to it on SharePoint if we want the learner to access the resource at a certain time. We use this for process documents, job aids, and even SharePoint forms, tasks, and surveys depending on what's going on. I imagine you could do the same with any internal website your learners have access to.
Just another approach. Have a great day!
Retrieving data ...