Ben Welldon

Training based upon start date

Discussion created by Ben Welldon Partner on Apr 2, 2018
Latest reply on May 8, 2018 by Heidi Hess-Bynum

Hello,

We have a number of Compliance based training courses that we distribute to employee groups on a monthly basis. Currently enrollment is set up using using smart groups based on Position or Department. These groups are fairly static, with most being assigned to all employees.

Our Compliance department would like these monthly courses to be assigned to current employees only, new hires should only get training assigned after they start.

The problem is, when a new employee comes on board, they are also being assigned this training if they match the smart group parameters. Right now it's not much of a problem, but by the end of the year we'll have new employees assigned 11 or so hours of training at on-boarding.

I'd like to set up our smart groups to exclude certain employees based on criteria (such as a start date identifier), however, I can't think of how to do this without setting up a new smart group for each monthly training, which will get very messy after a year or two. In addition, if we have a monthly identifier, we would need to have this included/excluded on all subsequent smart group enrollment parameters. It would be a messy system. 

I fear this is my only option, but I thought I would reach out to see if anyone has run into this kind of problem in the past and if they know of a possible solution.

Thanks

Outcomes