Kerry Floyd

Dealing with documentation

Discussion created by Kerry Floyd on Jul 12, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 30, 2018 by Nicole Leister

Hi all! 

Question for everyone that I hope stirs up some good ideas -- what do you do with documentation? Stuff that isn't really a course but that people want to make available anyway? We have a plethora of resources for our staff (the proliferation of which is a separate issue!) and while I'm working with people to try and understand what they really want to accomplish with these documents, I'm also curious to know what others have tried. Here are a few thoughts I've had:

• Make each doc a course by pasting the content directly into the editor
    • or actually modify the content so it's more like a course and less like a doc (this is my favorite option, but requires the most work)
  • Make a course that has only one page with all the docs on it
  • Make a checkpoint (except you can't put them in the library)
  • Put all the documentation some other place like a wiki or a kbase (we probably don't have the resources to do this, and I'm not sure I believe in the efficacy of these types of tools)

What have you done with documentation that has helped get it into the hands of people who need it in a way that is winsome, easy to find, and yet also doesn't clutter up online spaces that other audiences have to use?

Outcomes