Without creating a CSV import file, how do you create a new user in BRIDGE since there is no password field in the initial setup?
Here's how you do it without a CSV upload. Also, I'll assume you have welcome emails turned on and are not using SSO since you are asking about creating a password.
1. Go to Admin > Users & Permissions > Manage Users
2. Select +New User
3. Enter their email or name
4. Click Create
5. Click the new user's name to go to their profile
6. Click Edit User
7. Enter the remainder of their information including an email address
8. Click Save
9. Click View Notifications
10. Click the eye next to the welcome email
11. Right click the button in the welcome email and select "Copy Link Address"
12. Open an incognito window or private browsing window
13. Paste the URL into the address bar and press Enter
14. Set a new password for the user
It seems like a lot of steps, but once you've done it a few times, it is pretty fast and easy. I have to do this fairly often for people. In fact, I just did this today for a user. Took me like 30 seconds.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Joshua Pope Quick question about this. Are the Set A Password links individualized? We are attempting to provide links to courses (via another website) for learners that are set up in Bridge, but might not have set their password yet. Can learners only set their password using the link in the Welcome email?
Retrieving data ...