AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is the easiest way to assign course categories to your library?

Question asked by Polly Cordwell Partner on Dec 6, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2018 by Joshua Pope

It would be really helpful to be able to see the course categories assigned in Author mode, without having to click on each course to see this information.  I recently set up categories and I love the new feature, but I found that when dealing with a significant library size it wasn't that easy to ensure you added all the courses you wanted to each category without missing some.  When you create a new category, it would be nice if you could go through a list of courses and tick all that would be applicable instead of having to assign one at a time. 

I tried my best to add courses to relevant categories, but I had to go into the library to audit this, as this seemed the quickest way to see which courses were assigned to what category, and then switch to author mode to actually update the course category/ies and then back to the library again to continue my audit.  Alternately it would be nice if authors could click on a course in the Library and switch to author mode from the course without having to go into that section separately if they notice something that needs to be updated.  The only other way I can think to do this would be to have a spreadsheet of all the courses that shows the current categories (assuming this can be done through data dump) and then make note of ones that need additional categories added and go back into Author mode to update the ones noted.

Is there a better way to be doing this?

Thank you,

Polly

Outcomes