AnsweredAssumed Answered

Do subaccount courses always go to the main account?

Question asked by Weiwei Zhang on Mar 15, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 21, 2019 by Weiwei Zhang

This question is for both folks who have experience with subaccounts and the Bridge admins. I've noticed when courses are created in the subaccount, they are copied to the main account, and honestly it didn't bother me at first. I thought it could be a good thing for organization purposes. Then, as I poked around more, I realized this practice could get chaotic especially for the main account and requires "extensive care" in organization. I also noticed I could change the due date and expiration date in the main account, and not affecting the dates in the subaccount. This could cause some real confusions for folks who have accounts in both the main site and subaccount site. 

So, Adam Williams Kate Toothman  Is there a way to break that connection? When creating a course in the Main account, I could choose affiliated accounts, but when I create a course in the subaccount, it automatically goes to the main account and I don't seem to have an option to choose if I want that. Did I miss anything? 

I imaging there might be scenarios that this feature is helpful. Any subaccounts users can speak to that? 

Thanks so much! 

Outcomes