In Bridge, you can create a smart group for your users. A smart group is a dynamically created group defined by rules, such as a specific department, title, or manager. Users are added to the group automatically according to the rule attributes. Once you create a smart group, you can add the smart group to a course or program.
Users who are added to a smart group are required to complete the courses or programs that are assigned to the group. However, if the user's profile changes, such as a change in department or title, the user's in-progress courses will become optional, and the user will be added to any courses and programs assigned to the user's new smart group.
• Smart groups can only be created with custom attributes added to the system.
• Smart group attributes are created when adding or updating users with a CSV file.
• Any new users added to your account that match the rule attributes of an existing smart group will automatically be added to the smart group, and to any courses in which the smart group is enrolled.
• If you would rather add users to a group manually, learn how to create a group.
• Some features may be restricted based on permissions for your user role.
Open Admin Menu
Click on the ADMIN option in the Global Navigation menu. Then click on Manage Groups.
Note: The Global Navigation menu may differ depending on what is enabled in your account.
Create Smart Group
On the Groups page, click the Add New Group button . Click the Add New Smart Group option .
Select Rule Attributes
In the operator drop-down menu , choose an operator for your smart group rules. These operators are defined as all or any. This lets you require users meet either all or any of the smart group rules.
In the attribute section, click an attribute to create your rule . Attributes are pre-populated for your account by an admin and values are part of user profiles.
- Smart group attributes are created when adding or updating users with a CSV file.
- All or any operators cannot be used together in the same smart group.
In the rule field, select the limitation for the attribute. These limitations are defined as is or is not.
Note: The is or is not operators cannot be used together in the same rule.
Select Attribute Values
Attribute values are also part of a user's profile. In the Rule field , click the checkboxes of the values you want to include in the rule. To search for a value for an attribute, enter a search term in the Search field . To see additional values, click the Show Next button . When you are finished selecting rule values, click the Done link .
Create Additional Rules
To create additional rules, click the Add Another Field link . To save your changes, click the Update Group button . To discard your rule, click the Cancel button .
To edit a rule, click anywhere in the Rule field . To remove an existing rule, click the Remove icon .
Note: To add or remove a user, you must edit the rule(s) of the smart group.