If groups have been created in your account, you can add groups to your course.
Any groups added to your course automatically display all the group users in the Learners tab. If a user was added to a course through a group, the only way to remove a user is to ask a manager or an admin role to edit the user's group. You can also choose remove the entire group from the course.
• Adding a group to your course automatically creates a course details due date for all users, regardless of the course status (publish or unpublished).
• If your course is published, adding groups to your course immediately sends a course email invitation to all users in the group.
• Some features may be restricted based on permissions for your user role.
Open Author Menu
In the Global Navigation menu, click the Author icon. Then, click the Courses menu option.
Note: The Global Navigation menu may differ depending on what is enabled in your account.
In the course details page, click the Groups tab.
Click the Add Group button.
Note: If your course is published, adding groups to your course immediately sends a course email invitation to all users in the group.
In the Set Relevance drop-down menu, set the relevance for the group. The relevance defines the learning content's visibility for the group user. Relevance can be set as the following:
- Required : the group users are enrolled in the course and the course is marked as required in their My Learning.
- Recommended : the group users are enrolled in the course and the course is marked as recommended in their My Learning.
- Available in Library : the course displays in the Learning Library for all members of the group.
View the group in your course. For large groups, it may take a few moments before individual users appear in the Learners tab.
To view users in the group, locate and click the name of the group.
View the group's relevance setting in the Relevance column .
To edit a group's relevance, click the relevance link .