Users receive a variety of notifications in Bridge. Notifications are sent to the email address in a user's profile and may take up to five minutes to appear in the user's email. Notifications display the time zone of the Bridge server, which defaults to Mountain Time.
Learn about the different types of notifications that can be sent and how they are generated in Bridge.
Notifications are not sent for the following actions: Adding users to a group, assigning a user to a role, approving group checkpoints, and adding and receiving certificates.
Users also receive a weekly summary email for their Bridge account.
Note: Notifications must be enabled for the account. A user with permission to manage emails can unsubscribe individual employees from receiving email notifications. Some notifications may differ based on your user role.
View Bridge Account Invitation
An employee will receive an email notification to set up their account when an account admin adds them to a Bridge account. The Set a Password button will prompt the employee to set a password for the account. This email will also be generated when an email address has either been modified or added to an existing account that has not been set up by the employee.
- If a user profile does not include an email address, a notification cannot be generated.
- The link contained within the Account Invitation will expire 30 days after the notification was sent to the employee from Bridge.
- The content and subject line of the invitation email may differ depending on which features are enabled in your account.
View Password Reset Notification
If an employee has already set up their account but has forgotten their password, a password reset can be requested by the employee or sent by an account admin. The password reset notification email will be sent with a link to reset their password. Employees will receive the reset password notification email even if they are unsubscribed from email notifications.
- Bridge passwords cannot be reset in accounts that use a Central Authentication Service (CAS). Employees who use CAS will need to contact their Bridge admin for assistance in resetting their password.
- The link contained in the password reset notification email will expire 24 hours after the request for reset has been sent to the employee.
View Initial Password Change Notification
When an employee logs into Bridge for the first time and creates a new password, the employee will receive a notification email stating the employee's password has been changed.
Note: Password change email notifications are sent to those using Bridge authentication.
View Bridge Message
When a message is sent to an employee, the employee receives the message via email. Messages are one-way notifications and employees cannot reply.
Messages can be sent to individual users, all users in a group, all users in a course, all users in a program, all users in a live training course, or all users in a live training session. Messages can also be sent to survey participants.
Messages are always sent as individual messages, even when sent to more than one employee.
View Notifications for Programs
Employees will receive the following notifications for programs:
- Program Assigned: Employees will receive a notification immediately after a program is assigned to them.
View Notifications for Courses
Employees will receive the following notifications for courses:
- Course Invitation - Employees will receive a notification when they are added via a group or individually to a published course. If an employee or employee's group is added to an unpublished course, a notification will not be sent until the course is published.
- Comment Reply Notification - Authors of comments will receive an email notification for every reply they receive on the original comment.
- Completed Course Notification - When an employee completes a course that contains employee-visible attachments, the employee receives an email notification containing the attachments. Employees will not receive a notification if a course does not contain employee-visible attachments.
- Course Update Notification: If the author of a course chooses to alert employees about course updates, employees will receive a notification when a course they are enrolled in has been updated.
Note: Employees will only receive notifications for required courses.
View Notifications for Checkpoints
Employees will receive the following notifications for courses:
- Checkpoint Invitation - Employees will receive a notification when they are added via a group or individually to a published checkpoint. If the employee or employee's group is added to an unpublished checkpoint, a notification will not be sent until the checkpoint is published.
View Notification for Checkpoint Approval
Employees will receive the following notification for checkpoints:
- Checkpoint Approval - Employees will receive a notification when checkpoints they've submitted has been approved.
View Notifications for Live Trainings
Employees will receive the following notifications for live trainings:
- Live Training Invitation - Employees will receive a notification when they are added via a group or individually to live training courses. Unlike courses, live training courses do not need to be published for the notification to be sent.
- Live Training Registration - When employees register for a live training session, they receive an email notification confirming the registration. If an employee chooses to register for a different session, the employee will receive a new registration email. If the session is canceled, employees will receive an unregistration email that includes the option to register for a different session, if available. An email notification will not be sent if an employee unregisters from a live training session.
- Live Training Reminders - A registered employee will receive an email notification one week before their live training session. A second reminder will be sent between 30 minutes and 90 minutes before the training session begins. A registered employee in a multi-part session will only receive a reminder for each part of the multi-part session.
- Live Training Unregistration - If a live training course or a live training session with registered employees is removed from the account, employees will receive an email notification about the course or session change.
Live Training Waitlist
If a Live Training Session is set up with a seat count and the waitlist feature, and you've requested to be added to the waitlist, you will get a notification indicating that you've been added to the waitlist. The notification will indicate the training's name and the date you requested to wait for. Users are added in the order of request. If a user unregisters for the session, the next person on the waitlist will be added to the session.
If added to the session due to someone unregistering, you will get an email notification indicating that you've been added. If unable to attend, it will give you a link into the system so that you can unregister and find another session as needed.
View Survey Invitation
When an employee is added to a survey, the employee receives an email invitation to participate in the survey.
Note: If an employee attempts to take a survey that has been deleted, Bridge will display a canceled message and the employee will be directed back to the My Learning page.
View Learning Summary Notification
Employees receive a weekly learning summary email if they have overdue items or items coming due within the next seven days.
View 1on1 Agenda Invitation
When an employee is invited to share a 1on1 agenda, the employee receives an email to accept or decline the invitation.
View 1on1 Agenda Cancellation Notification
Employees receive a notification when an invitation to share a 1on1 agenda has been cancelled.
View Performance Conversation Agenda Invitation
When an employee is invited to a performance conversation agenda, the employee receives a notification to view the agenda.
View Employee Performance Conversation Reminder
When an organization has performance conversations scheduled, the employee receives a reminder email notification to complete the performance conversation agenda.
View Manager Performance Conversation Reminder
When an organization has performance conversations scheduled, the manager receives a reminder email notification to complete performance conversation agendas.
View Assessment Invitation
Employees receive an assessment invitation when a fellow employee requests an assessment from them.
View Goal Notification
Employees receive a notification when a goal is due soon or is overdue.
View Engagement Survey Invitations and Reminders
When an employee is added to an engagement survey, the employee receives an invitation to participate in the engagement survey. Employees that have not completed an engagement survey will be re-sent the invitation as a reminder.
View Bridge Manager Summary
Managers receive a weekly Bridge summary email if they have employees within their domain with overdue items, or items coming due within the next seven days.
If the Manager has been set as an approver on a checkpoint and has a user pending approval it will show in this summary email.